Recent Post

Monday, August 18, 2008

Berba: I Want To Leave Spurs

Berbatov has been edging gradually closer to Old Trafford over the past few weeks, and reports suggest that only minor details regarding the transfer fee remain to be sorted.

The 27-year-old has been hankering for a return to the Champions League arena, where he rose to prominence with Bayer Leverkusen during the 2004-05 season.

And the ex-CSKA Sofia hitman insisted he has every right to pursue his goals by leaving White Hart Lane this summer.

"I’m now in Tottenham but no one can disagree with me wanting to follow my dream," he told the press.

Berbatov started on the bench as Spurs fell 2-1 in their Premier League opener at Middlesbrough, only coming on midway through the second half.

Manager Juande Ramos has dismissed claims that he is attempting to freeze his start striker out of the team, insisting the decision to instead use Giovani dos Santos up front was purely tactical.

And while Berbatov is reputed to be something of a sulk, he claimed there is no bitterness between he and his boss over his spell on the pine.

"I’m not angry about the decision of Juande Ramos to name me as a substitute. I’m not crying," he continued.

"I only show my emotions to my close friends and family. But if I was laughing when I was on the bench, people would say I was an idiot.

"I noticed that Eric Cantona never smiled but I don’t know if anyone ever asked him why he didn’t look happier."

0 comments:

EngLanD's sCheDuLe 2008-2009

Date

Venue

Against

Competition

20 August 2008

London

Czech Republic

Friendly

06 September 2008

Barcelona

Andorra

World Cup Qualifier

10 September 2008

n/a

Croatia

World Cup Qualifier

11 October 2008

London

Kazakhstan

World Cup Qualifier

15 October 2008

n/a

Belarus

World Cup Qualifier

19 November 2008

Berlin

Germany

Friendly

01 April 2009

n/a

Ukraine

World Cup Qualifier

06 June 2009

n/a

Kazakhstan

World Cup Qualifier

10 June 2009

n/a

Andorra

World Cup Qualifier

09 September 2009

n/a

Croatia

World Cup Qualifier

10 October 2009

n/a

Ukraine

World Cup Qualifier

14 October 2009

n/a

Belarus

World Cup Qualifier

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com