Recent Post

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chelsea - We Can Be Champions, Claim Scolari

We Can Be Champions, Claims Scolari
The Brazilian only arrived at Stamford Bridge at the beginning of the month to replace Avram Grant and the new Chelsea boss confessed he needs to get to know his players.
According to Sky Sports Scolari admitted: “I need to look at the players and different formations, what position is the best for a player and what position I can use someone in during a game. If they try their best, it is my time to decide.”
However, with the new season only weeks away, the Brazilian has revealed he already knows who he will pick in his first starting eleven, as Chelsea open their Premier League campaign against Portsmouth at Stamford Bridge. He said: “I think I have my team for the first game against Portsmouth. I now have my ideas, not just after seeing the players on television. I know more about their personality on and off the field.”
Testing Times
Despite having been in charge at Stamford Bridge for less than a month Scolari has now seen his players win three pre-season games and he explained that he had used these games to see what his new players could do.
“I need to test the players,” said the Chelsea manager before adding, “I am testing all my players, I only have 11 places available. I need to choose 11 for the game against Portsmouth.”
Chelsea completed their pre-season tour of Asia with a 2-0 victory over a Malaysian XI however, the Brazilian claimed that the results had been unimportant. He revealed: “Over the three games I have been able to see the players on the pitch so in the future, in a match situation, I know which player to use. The results are not important, it is match training, I need to look at the players and decide, yes or no.”
With the club enduring a disappointing campaign last season as they finished the season without a trophy and lost both the Premier League and the Champions League to Manchester United, the pressure will clearly be on Scolari to deliver a trophy this year.
However, the Chelsea manager appears adamant that he can bring silverware back to Stamford Bridge this season. He concluded: “I have the players who can play exciting football and I have the team who can be champions.”

0 comments:

EngLanD's sCheDuLe 2008-2009

Date

Venue

Against

Competition

20 August 2008

London

Czech Republic

Friendly

06 September 2008

Barcelona

Andorra

World Cup Qualifier

10 September 2008

n/a

Croatia

World Cup Qualifier

11 October 2008

London

Kazakhstan

World Cup Qualifier

15 October 2008

n/a

Belarus

World Cup Qualifier

19 November 2008

Berlin

Germany

Friendly

01 April 2009

n/a

Ukraine

World Cup Qualifier

06 June 2009

n/a

Kazakhstan

World Cup Qualifier

10 June 2009

n/a

Andorra

World Cup Qualifier

09 September 2009

n/a

Croatia

World Cup Qualifier

10 October 2009

n/a

Ukraine

World Cup Qualifier

14 October 2009

n/a

Belarus

World Cup Qualifier

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com